Sunday, January 3, 2010

Twenty Ten is here...or Two Thousand and Ten....or....

You get the idea. Groups of people whose hobby is nit-picking stuff like that are already at it. You have to say the year a certain way to be correct. Just like all the discussions about wild horses not being wild horses, or mustangs, but just feral horses. If I have a barn cat show up here and I can't get up to them, and they have learned to survive without my intervention, I call them a wild cat. Some call them feral. I will continute to call the horses on the range that don't need our intervention mustangs, or wild horses, and I will be happy doing so, just like the cats that show up here are wild cats - as far as I am concerned, we are all right. I have not decided what I will call the year 2010...have not said it enough to give me the right feel to the word. :-) Maybe I will say "Two - O - One - O" HA HA!

Brian's family Christmas was this weekend at our house. We don't have a lot of room but we worked it out. Brian put word on the street to bring blow up mattresses, sleeping bags, etc., and that is what they did. They only stayed for one night, and once everyone was gone, it was back to quiet again. The hard part about the gatherings in the winter is the weather is too cold to get outside for a breather. Everyone is stuck inside. Yesterday a couple of the kids went out to sled and snow board. I gave snow boarding a try and made it about 6 inches before I fell down. Then I went down the bottom of the hill to a flat spot and scooted around until I got the feel. I did not try it again, but I am going to keep my eye opened for a used one - I think I can do this! :-)

Here is nephew Tucker getting some air...show off!



The donks and llama were mesmerized by the kids on the hill...they watched for the longest time.



Snoop on top of the round bales watching the action...



Had a nice sunrise yesterday morning in spite of the cold. I was watching the air sparkle...very awesome! Just another one of God's one-of-a-kind piece of art.
Here are some frosty rumps....



Oh how I wish this was a clear picture...Tripp sticking his tongue out...



Licking the frost off his lips...



Red Bear warming himself in the sun...



Millie gives me the look that says "This is not snow! Head out West or out East, or how about the Scottish Highlands (she is a Scottish Highland heifer and is proud of it)...now that is a SNOW!!!!" Just so you know, I would not mind it so bad if it was not so darn cold - I can survive if we can at least make it to 20 degrees! We made it to 4.



Me and Halo self portrait...



"WHAT YOU DOIN???"



Jester and Ajax dealing with winter okay...



Ajax rests his nose on Jesters rump waiting his turn to the water bucket. They have a water trough with a heater, but they don't like walking on the uneven frozen mud, so I was spoiling them with the water bucket. Now I know why bears like to hang out in camp when you feed them...it isn't that they can't get to food or water, they just found a much EASIER way to get food and water. Hee hee!



Brian came out early enough to see the crystals in the air - and to spend some time loving on the horses. I let him sleep because I knew they had been up late the night before, but I will admit I am happy he came out to see us. I love our time together outside with the horses, just talking and coming up with ideas about things. It is our time...



Niece Tacy came out to help me feed. You all might remember Tacy from my June 2009 entries...she was riding Tiger and Wyoming. She was my Assistant Mustang Trainer for a weekend. :-)



When the weather is cold like this....I wish I was like these two. :-) Thomas is the big orange cat, and Coco is the other one.



Thomas is the very layed back fellow of the pair, and Coco is the one who stayed hidden until everyone left.
Here is Thomas living the good life....



It was a nice weekend, but I am ready for it to warm up. I was looking thru pictures with grass in the yard, dry ground, sunshine, and I was soooo happy! Any more it just hurts my body to be so cold, but I don't like being cooped up inside either. Oh well, the weather will change soon. I will be moaning and groaning about mud before ya know it!!!!

Have a wonderful New Year everyone!

Karen and Tripp...

No comments: