Thursday, January 11, 2018

The Magic Tree


It was a windy chilly night, but not too chilly for our Wednesday night ride...to the Magic Tree!



This ride took a different route than our regular ride.  I wish I could remember exactly how we got there because it was a nice ride!  It was all in the dark when we started....we rode through town, we got to ride down a big paved hill which was so much fun, then we got on the trail.  We rode the trail a while then went up a hill and popped out in a cul de sac...we rode through a neighborhood and saw a lot of pretty lights then there it was....the Magic Tree.
The tree is so pretty and a popular place for locals and visitors both.

The tree is so pretty and magical...it was hard to leave but we knew we had to get back.  It was a work night after all.  :-)

The ride back was great BUT there was that big hill we got to zoom down....let's just say for most of us there was no zooming up!  We did not take the road up but we did take the trail next to it up.  I ran out of air about half way and had to stop. I walked a bit, got a nice big deep breath then got back on and finished the hill. The girls were cheering when I made it to the top!  And this my friends is what makes this group so great!  Sure, I did not want to have to walk any of that hill (but air is important) and slow anybody down, but everyone is so encouraging!  When I heard the cheering I laughed, pedaled harder and was just happy!  I love this group! 

This was our last ride of 2017 together...look out 2018!  Here we come!

 

No comments: