Saturday, January 1, 2011

Snowy Days....

We had some very pretty snowy days.  Don't get me wrong...I am really not a big snow fan, but I sure do think it is pretty.
This morning Brian and I went out together and were going to put out some round bales for the horses.  The wind was blowing and it was snowing.....brrrrrrr......

Brian topped off the fuel in the tractor while Wyoming watches.  He knows he has enough hay in his feeder for a while, but wonders if he gets some new stuff......yes, he did get some new stuff.  It was low enough to not take a chance on a day of no tire traction.




Brian's daughter Madison woke up and heard Brian outside in the shed getting the battery charger.  Instead of staying inside where it was warm, she bundled up and came out to help.  She really is quite the helper!!!


Madison tearing the netting off the bale before Brian takes it out.



 While Brian and I were putting the tarps back on (windy night) Madison was tapping into her artistic side....



After working Madison and I decided we would have a little bit of fun.  We got the sleds out and played on the hill a while.


I came down one hill and Madison came down the other.  I ended up stopping part way down because I was making a fresh path....so no crash.  Not that we were wanting to crash, but it would have given us some good stories to tell!  Ha ha!


 Me and Madison....



A couple days earlier I checked on the bee hives.  This is our first winter with hives, and I am not liking this scene.  I want to hear them buzz...I want to know things are going well for them....but I just have to trust it will work out.  While I was walking around checking things out, (it was not that cold out) one bee did come flying out.  I freaked out thinking they were all going to come out to see what was going on, then freeze to death.  I hurried behind the hives so it would go back in where she belonged.  I know it was a 'she' because the drones (boys) are the couch potato in the bee world and the girls work.  Hmmmm, sound familiar?  :-)





Winter has always been a tough time for me, but I am finding that I deal with it much better than I used to.  OH!  I have finally realized why I have a love/hate relationship with my bib coveralls.  They are toasty warm but I feel like I can't walk or step up on things half the time, and I sure could not hop on a horse if I needed to.  Even Batman!  Well, here is the deal, the suspender part of them doesn't stay tight, so they scoot down and the crotch is lower than it should be!  If it wasn't for them being bibs, I would look like those kids who let their pants hang half way down their butt while they hold the front crotch area up.  Yeah, real attractive....

Hope everyone is faring thru the winter well so far.

Until later....Karen and Tripp who is so cute! 

No comments: