Saturday, April 5, 2014

March 2014 welcomes me with another ride! Woo hoo!


March welcomes me with another horse ride!  It took me almost an hour to go .7 miles.  As in not even one full mile.  HA HA!  But I was on for an hour, and it was FUN FUN FUN!  The plan was to wait for it to warm up a bit, then Brian was going to hook up the trailer for me to head to the Conservation area.  (I still can't hook it by myself...which sucks!)  Instead of warming up it started to get colder!  Yikes!  Brian had his son holler at me to let me know the temps were dropping, and he had Tripp in the hay storage area for me.  Good husband!  :-)

Tripp is sticking his tongue out...there is one in every group!  Hee hee!





Two of the neighbors geese came over to visit, so we 'herded' them...




A little bit closer......





Then they flew over the fence....





My rope/rein management skills are lacking.  Oh my...glad this was Tripp!  :-)
I did not know which rein I had....the loop or the mecate.






Tripp is proud of me...and slightly embarrassed that this will be documented....





We rode over the bridge...





And over the log.....




Tripp worked so hard his face sweated...so he scratched it on my boot...
Okay, he really didn't sweat.... :-)





Tripp was interested in Ace and wondering what fun he was having...




HEY!  Maybe this is why I only got .7 miles!  Because while I was riding around Brian was messing with his phone that had the GPS on.  Hmmmmm....
(I had to hand it over for him to contact someone...then I forgot that is what I was recording distance with...OOPS!)




It was short but very fun.  I still couldn't get on by myself because of the pain and lack of strength, but that is okay.  I notice a positive difference very single day.  I even trotted!  Yep, I sure did!!!!  :-D
HAPPY HAPPY!
And why would I think about going to the Conservation area if I can't get on?  The wheel well is high enough for me to slide over.  :-)  And I know where the tall logs are along the trail.  :-)  And if I can't get on I planned on walking.  I am out of shape!

Until later...Karen and Tripp who is starting to wonder just what tricks I have up my riding sleeve...

No comments: