Tuesday, December 18, 2012

Finally got my stuff for the treeless saddle...


I got a treeless saddle this summer but didn't have the breast collar, girth, or stirrups for it.  I had other plans and was going to wait to order the stuff I needed to make it work, but there were Black Friday sales I could not ignore. 

The buckles on side of the breast collar that go to the saddle will be moved to the ring up by the pommel.  I still have a few adjustments to make, but this gives you the general idea of what my set up will look like.  I can't wait until this weekend to try it out for real.  Yay...
It was almost dark and just too muddy for me to want to try it this particular evening.

I love the hunter orange breast collar.  I have plans for the pad too...just need to find the right material to make a few adjustments.  When I find it and get things put together, I will be sure to share with everyone.  I had to get a dressage girth so I got a mohair roper style along with aluminum endurance style stirrups.  I ordered all of these items from Action Rider Tack and am very happy with the quality.

http://www.actionridertack.com/default.aspx












The only thing left to get at this point other than some hunter orange rope to make a riding halter with, is hoof boots.  I am planning on getting Renegades in orange. 
http://www.renegadehoofboots.com/home.html
They are made in the U.S.A. and have been used and tested by many different disciplines.  I hope to get them this Spring.

Until later....Karen and Tripp who says God Bless the U.S.A.


2 comments:

Michelle said...

Don't forget some sheepskin covers to go over the stirrup leathers, so you don't get pinched.

What type of treeless is it?

Karen C. said...

Yes! That is what I need! :-) It seems I keep finding things I just have to have to get this set up going. Sheepskin covers are going on my list.

It is a Sensation Hybrid. So far the only thing I don't like is the pommel is tilted towards me and it digs in my inner thighs...but that is not a saddle problem, it is a 'my thighs are fat' problem. :-)