Monday, July 22, 2013

June....the short version...

June came and went in the blink of an eye....

I left on June 4th and didn't get back until the 25th.  I headed to OK for work.  I did get to see a mustang friend while I was down there, so that was a bonus.

In the meantime, this is what I did see at home in June...

The peonies were in full bloom...





Grass was growing like crazy and the horses had fun playing in the yard while taking munchy breaks...




Zephyr gets caught right before she thinks she will kick at Red.  No, she just went thru the threatening gestures, and Red really didn't seem to care.  Notice Batman and Hershey watching the action...




Lots of daisies...





Hemi is being stealthy in the grass...






I hatched out some guinea keets to sell, then I had to leave.  That left Brian to sell them and it didn't take long.  There were 19 guinea keets and we hatched out two turkey chicks.  We also fostered one turkey chick.  Yes, we fostered a turkey.  Ha ha!  The foster is Gulliver who is in the front.  He is a Sweet Grass heritage breed turkey.  He is growing up quite nicely...he will go home soon. 






While I was in OK I visited a western store and loved this bowl.  Horses are running into it, thru it and out the other side.  It is big too!



I had never heard of a Designer Shoe Warehouse.  The girls talked me into going and this is what I found!  Oh how I wish I could wear heels again!  I love these!!!  They looked hot on too!





A few years ago I got this belt buckle.  It is a horse head and I just was not finding a belt that looked good with it.  Black was too black, and brown was too brown.  At the western wear store in OK I found this belt that has a couple different browns....I like it!  Finally, I can wear my belt buckle!





When I was going out to visit my friend and his horses, we fought mosquitoes and horse flies.  This little sucker bit me!  





I have never bragged on a t.v. in a hotel room before, but I am bragging on this one.  There were 3 or 4 themes you could pick when you turned it on and this was one of them.  The water actually rippled and you could listen to ocean sounds.  I set the timer to this one every night.  The first couple nights they had two palm trees and a beach in the picture, and the palm leaves blew in the wind along with hearing ocean sounds.  What a great way to fall asleep!



Well, there you have it...my June.  Actually I have a bunch of pictures I took at my friends place so might post some of those later. 

Until later...Karen and Tripp who missed his Girl but didn't miss the work she makes him do.  :-)

No comments: