Sunday, November 21, 2010

I heard "Wood Chuck" instead of "Wood Duck...."

So here is my side of the story.....a friend calls and tells me that her dog Rusty brought home a wood chuck and it is still alive.  She doesn't have a pond and I was the person she thought of that did have a pond.  I was thinking to myself "I did not know that a wood chuck needed a pond, and if they do, they are probably about as destructive as a muskrat."  So we are talking about the wood chuck and the whole time I am thinking how I am going to sneak a wood chuck to the house without Brian knowing.....hee hee!

Well, as the conversation goes on, I realize she isn't talking about a wood chuck....it is a WOOD DUCK!  HA HA HA!!!!!  They had him in a stall with some food and a water dish to play in, but he was not eating.  They knew he would not survive like that, so they wanted to try something else.  I picked him up and put him on the lagoon with the neighbors ducks who hang out.  He was very afraid so I stayed away for a few days.  A week or so ago I went out there and scared him, and he flew across the lagoon.  I immediately left him alone and sent my friend an e-mail to let her know Woody is still here. 

This weekend I was out there checking to see if he was still there, and I startled him out of the brush onto the water, and he swam around with the other ducks for a while.  He was much more relaxed than the last couple of times. 

Here is Woody the Wood Chuck....hee hee!  He is so pretty, his eyes are red, and he has the cutest little voice.  I don't know how long he will stay, but he is welcome to hang out as long as he likes.


Until later....Karen and Tripp who thinks it is fun to have a pet wood chuck!  :-)

No comments: