Wednesday, April 25, 2012

Shelter Insurance Garden Flowers

It is that Springy time of year again, and Shelter Insurance Garden is blooming!

A certain time of the day you can walk around the garden and look up....in the tree branches you will find sleeping squirrels...their little feet hanging on each side of a branch.  I was out later this day than usual, so no sleeping squirrels, but the tree sure was pretty!





There is a park bench close to the bird feeder...it is one of my favorite places to sit because I have the feeder close by and a huge wind chime.  This little squirrel was checking me out, then later ran over to the tree (which is also close) and started chattering and shaking its tail.  It was giving me a cussing!  Ha ha !




Pretty pink flowers.



Woodpecker.  I think this is the first time I have seen a woodpecker in the garden.




The purple color Iris always seem to bloom first.  They are so pretty!




I don't know what these are, but they are pretty.  :-)




An ocean of pink...



The sun was hitting the Japanese Maples and they seemed to glow...but my camera just doesn't come close to catching the beauty I saw.  This is a peaceful little area.




Another angle of the Japanese Garden.




And another angle...


And another angle.  :-)



Close up of an Iris.




Pink Iris...so pretty!



This little guy from the Japanese Garden reminds me of Hemi the bulldog!  :-)




I am lucky to have a place like this so close to hang out at lunch time.  Shelter Insurance Garden is open to the public and admission is free.  During the summer months they also have concerts in the garden and literally hundreds of people show up with lawn chairs to listen...also free.  The bands set up in the gazebo - everything from local bluegrass, big band to Latin.  They get quite a variety of local entertainment and it is a big hit.

Like they say in The Sound of Music....these are a few of my favorite things.  :-)

Until later...Karen and Tripp who is tough enough to love pink flowers!


No comments: