Friday, February 1, 2013

Monday I played hookie from work...hee hee!

I got to work that morning knowing it was going to be a 70 degree day.  My hubby and I had already talked about it and he said I should take 1/2 day vacation so I can ride....but once I get to work I don't like leaving.  I am weird that way.  Well, I un-weirded myself and decided it was a great idea.

And here I am.....getting ready to ride and not having to wear my big puffy insulated coat!  Woo hoo!  Brian's kids got me this shirt for Christmas...I love it!  This is the first time I have worn it and wow, it sure does glow!

TRIPP:  "OH MY GOSH!  COVER MY EYES!  I FEEL LIKE I AM LOOKING INTO THE SUN!" 








TRIPP:  "After a while you get used to it...sure, I will see big orange balls everywhere I look, but that is okay.  When the Girl is happy I am happy.  And for some reason a shirt the color of the sun with the words 'Bone Collector' on the front make her happy."







TRIPP:  "LOOK AT ME!  THE SUN BURNED MY EARS OFF!  Nicker Snort Snort!"





I have half the day to explore, and today was going to be the day that we take the unknown trail.  I didn't know it was there until a couple weeks ago.  We are on our way...






TRIPP:  "Wow, we are tall!  I can see over the tree tops.  Just look at all of them down there."






TRIPP:  "(singing a tune...) I am swimming, I am swimming...oh wait, that is Dori on Finding Nemo.  I have to make my own song.  I am waw-king, I am waw-king... Hmmm, I don't think I will quit my day job."






TRIPP:  "Silly humans!  They put the sign on the tree upside down.  I wonder how many humans tilt their head sideways to read it.  Snort nicker!"





TRIPP:  "WARNING!  There is a fungus amungus! Whinny snort!"




TRIPP:  "Hmmmm, what funny thing can I come up with this row of trees.  Ain't got nothin'.  The Girl was very excited about them for some reason.  She kept talking about 100 years ago and I don't know what that means.  I live in the moment and the moment says the trees just got here."






TRIPP:  "DOH!  Don't tell me you are thinking what I think you are thinking.  Girl, I am telling you, it just isn't safe.  I mean look at it!  LOOK AT IT!"





 TRIPP:  "Nice try Girl, but no, it doesn't look any better this way.  Not that I am afraid, because I am NOT afraid."
 





TRIPP:  "Look!  A very strange creek crossing.  I have never seen anything like it.  Nope, I am not going until you go first.  If you don't fall into the weird stuff I will follow you."

 



TRIPP:  "Oh, it is bricks that are covered with water.  I wonder whose idea this was."





TRIPP:  "I am an artistic mustang, did you know that?  I knew what good thing I had going here so positioned myself just right for the Girl to see.  She instantly saw it...the large tree at the top of the hill right between  my absofreakinlutely awesome ears."  ;-)





Close up of the big tree in the parking lot.  I wonder how many trees used to live around this one, and why they did not survive.  





This is the parking lot off Hwy T.  Brian and I have stopped here several times because we thought it looked like they were building a trail.  When I was crossing the creek with the brick I met a gal who was riding, and she came from this direction.  She let me know that the trail went to the parking lot.  I was excited that I finally knew there was a trail there...so I had to go check it out.




On our way back down from the parking lot we rode back through fields.

 




HELLOOOOOOO.....





TRIPP:  "Well crap!  I mean Oh darn!  Girl, I am telling you this just isn't a good idea.  Isn't there a better way around this thing?  All it will take to bring this bad boy down is a sneeze at the wrong time."







We are on the home stretch.  I was stretching my legs out so give my knees a break.  What a great ride!



This ride was basically a 'there and back' ride.  There was a section where the trail forked off, and in between the trail was a field full of tall gray grass.  It was very windy too.  I don't know what was in that grass, but something was there that had Tripp on edge.  I finally got off and walked him a while, and he was jumpy the whole time until we made it to the top of the hill.  Maybe some deer were bedded down out of the wind.  I don't know...but if it is that important to Tripp, it is that important to me to help him feel better.  On our way back we rode right by that gray grass and he kept a close watch, but we made it through unscathed.

It was a fabulous day...just beautiful!  Oh, and Tripp was even more muddy at the beginning of this ride than he was the day before.  And yes, he was just as proud.  :-)

Until later...Karen and Tripp who is still bragging about going 3 days in a row and putting on lots of miles.

3 comments:

Unknown said...

I must say, I thoroughly enjoy "riding" along with you and Tripp!

Karen C. said...

Thank you Cindy. I enjoy looking back to see what I have done and what I wish I would have done more of. Ha ha!

Michelle said...

Nothing better than a good mental health day with the ponies. :)