Saturday, February 14, 2009

Flash goes to his new home...

Flash is a large pinto pony we got a few years ago, and Brian and I found the nicest family to give him a home. It will be perfect...they will give Flash a job, Flash will have his own little girl, and if/when they don't want him any more, he will come back here to retire.

I met Roberta at our local Horse Celebration, and she mentioned her daughter and that they were looking for a reliable small horse/large pony for her. I told her about Flash, sent her some pictures, and they fell in love with him. Roberta and her husband John came out to meet Flash, and Roberta rode him around the barn lot. They thought he would be perfect for Erica! :-)

Today we delivered Flash to Erica's birthday party. Erica did not know me, and I got to be an actress...I was lost...looking for the girl who was having a party, and who wanted a pony. She was already grinning great big and said it was her, and I said "Am I in Mexico?" (a neighboring town) and she looked at me funny and slowly said "Nooooo..." and I instantly felt bad! So I smiled and said "Is this Centralia?" Yep, sure was! She was so darned excited, and that is the way it should be!!! Flash is the type of pony that I wish I could clone into bigger horses. He will do anything, go anywhere, and not much gets him excited. He is in his early 20's and full of life. Been there, done that.

Here is Erica riding Flash with their posse in tow....



Here is Flash and Erica...



Flash and the kids riding double...



There was a lot of family there, and the kids all loved Flash! This is what makes me think that Flash has a new retirement home. :-) They also have 3 other beautiful horses to keep him company. This little boy was a hoot! His laugh was very contagious!



Look at his grin! Erica too...she was so cute! She was already protective of Flash - when someone was trying to do something to him she said "Don't hurt him." I LOVE IT!!!! Flash has the perfect girl!



When we got home this afternoon, we saw a huge flock of geese flying overhead...probably won't be able to tell anything is in this picture unless you click on it to make it bigger. :-)



I did not have time to mess with the boys tonite other than my normal moving around them while I am feeding and watering. When I used to feed Tripp, I would hand carry the flakes of hay in, so he would have to tolerate me being close. These guys are jumpy when I throw stuff around, especially Vegas, so I throw the hay over the top of the fence. Tonite a flake landed on Vegas's butt. He did a little butt hop jump and it stayed on there. Then he commenced to eating. (The funky looking marks in the pictures are mud)



Several minutes later he moved and it shifted...we think he forgot it was there because he freaked out! He took several steps one direction, it fell off, and he SNORTED at it! It was quite funny!

Today was a very busy long emotional day. Anybody who knows me knows that letting Flash go was very hard on me. There is usually a one way door around here. Sometimes doing what is right is the hardest thing. I am 1000% sure that we did right by Flash, and after meeting the whole family and seeing Flash around all those kids, I knew it even more. I sure will miss his Barry White nicker...for a pony, he had this deep nicker that was very distinct. He is only a couple of small towns over so we can visit him. :-) I can't wait to hear their progress!

That is all for tonite...
Until later...Karen and Tripp

2 comments:

Anonymous said...

I know you are going to miss him, so when you get down about it just remember how happy Flash is having his own little people to love on him, ride him, and go on adventures with...Great job finding him a great home!

Anonymous said...

Wow, what a dream birthday, Erica will never forget. Seems like it was also a picture perfect way for you to let go. That is just too hard any other way. That little boy looks like he IS the next in line for Flash, lots of horse lovers in that family it appears! Congratulations to everybody!