Wednesday, September 30, 2009

Hemi had to go back to his original home...I am sad for me...but happy for him...

...because his family missed him a lot more than they expected to, so they are taking him back home. Hemi was great and I LOVE him! My older dog Snoop did not like Hemi so much. I trained Hemi to respect the underground electric fence and left him out one night with the other dogs, who seemed to be at peace with him. The next morning he had several bite marks on him - I felt horrible for him, like I failed him. We were worried that it might get worse...so we decided to let him go back.
Just a few days before that I made a mental note that he did not look happy, but he is a bulldog...do they really look happy? Well, yeah, they do, and he lost the happy spark in his eyes. I did not say anything to Brian because I figured it was my imagination...then Brian mentioned it over the weekend. We thought he missed the little kids around. So between that and the other dogs wanting a piece of him, we made the decision. I have been a crybaby for a few days, but that is okay. I got to experience having a bulldog, and I know I love it! :-)
Hemi was great the first week...but then the vacation was over and he was ready to go home. That is what I think anyways...

Here is Hemi before they came to get him and visit the horses.



I sent Hemi's big bone and a horse hoof home with him. He claimed the bone, and he dug up the horse hoof out from under the pine tree. (I brought home a few hooves from my hoof care class...and they show up in the yard at times)



Hemi is happy to see his family again...I will miss him...



The kids could not wait to see the horses.
Here we have Hemi and Batman being spoiled by Tank (baby) and Amy (Mom)...



Peanut wanted to ride a horse, so Tandee, my older Arab mare was the best choice, altho she has no mercy on beginners. Peanut is 3 yrs old and he did great! Totally fearless and he wanted to RUN! Ha ha! Instead, we trotted a little bit and walked a lotta bit.

Peanut rode Tandee over the dirt pile...he is taking his own little trail ride! Yee haw!



After Peanuts ride, we put Tank up there to 'ride'...



After riding it was time to feed the horses...

Batman gets spoiled with grass - and lessons were given on keeping the hand flat.



It is Coppers turn to be spoiled. He was not sure what to think of the little person. Peanut doesn't know how to move and speak quietly - everything is quick and loud. Copper did great most of the time, but sometimes he got startled and jumped back a little bit. It was good for him! :-) Actually it was good for both Copper and Peanut.





Tank on the corral panel with Amy in the spotter position...



Tank driving the tractor...



Then Peanut thought Tank needed help driving, so they both took it on!



Then it was time to say good-bye...I shed some tears, got many bulldog kisses, but it was still good because he was going home, and I think he knew it.
The boys had a ball with the animals, and I foresee another visit from them in the future. :-)

Until later...Karen and Tripp, who will miss Hemi too

1 comment:

Tracey said...

I always wanted a bull dog... I love the commercial where the dad is sitting on the couch and you can hear the skateboard wheels on the hardwood floor, and he tells his 'son' to take it outside...what's that dog's name? City Boy had a good belly laugh, but said no bull dogs. Party pooper.