Friday, August 23, 2013

Flowers...

Last year my Mom gave me some starts to Rose of Sharon bushes and they are blooming like crazy this year. I have the white that is shown, a medium pink with a dark center, a darker pink with a darker center, and a lavender with a dark center.  The bees and hummingbirds love them!






The sunflowers are doing great this year!  This morning when I went out to feed some of the row was facing East, and the other was facing West.  It was almost like they were having a chat until the sun came up.  :-)







This one with lots of smaller flowers on it was a volunteer; it is so tall!  It has over 50 flowers on it.






Me in my sunflower row.





Me under the 50 plus sunflower plant.





Sunflowers make me smile!  The first sunflower field I saw was in South Dakota in 2000 when I was headed to Sturgis with a friend.  Wow....it was early morning and all those yellow heads were facing the sun.  It was one of the prettiest things I have ever seen. 

Until later...Karen and Tripp who is trying to figure out a way to get to them...sunflowers are yummy!

No comments: