Saturday, August 24, 2013

My pet snapping turtle....

......not really.  :-)

But we did find a snapper in the yard and it was a good size one.

Say CHEESE!!!!







It started out with the guineas making a bunch of noise and I glanced over and saw this thing that looked like a piece of wood in the weedy grass.  Hemi and I went over to check it out....yep, a snapper!




First I got a long stick and put it in front of her nose - I wanted to know what kind of mood she was in.  She ducked her head, raised her back end and hissed, but other than that it was not too bad.


Then I put my foot on her back to see if she would jump and turn around on me...because I had a plan!






Then I touched her back with a 2x4 out of the burn pile.....so far so good.  I still have a plan! 





Here was my plan!  Hee hee!  Look, she is smiling too!  :-)

 




And she is still smiling....



I walked her to the back of the barn and let her loose so she could head to the pond.  Let's just say it was not what Brian voted for, but he let's me do my thing.  Like picking up snapping turtles.  Well, to be honest he was not on board about that, but he was on the other side of the fence.  I told him he may as well take some pictures because I was doing this!  Ha ha!

Another thing....oh my gosh they stink!  I didn't notice it as quick as Brian did, but when I went to wash my hands I almost couldn't get the stink out!  I even broke out the orange gritty hand cleaner and when I was done my hands smelled like orange snapping turtle.  ACK!

Until later...Karen and Tripp who is shaking his head at my follies....




No comments: