Monday, July 28, 2008

Monday, Monday....kept it simple...but different...

More storms went thru - lots of flooding and branches and trees down. What crazy weather! I didn't know what to expect when I got home, so I really wasn't sure what I was going to do.

When we got here, I decided I wanted to go for a trailer ride, so I gathered Tripp up, who was a happy fellow because he spent all day having the freedom of going in and out of his small pen, and we headed to the front yard where the trailer was parked. He hopped right in and away we went!

We headed to Rudolf Bennitt Conservation Area. They have horse trails thru there, and they are really working hard on improving them. There are several camping areas where you can pull a truck/trailer unit around and park easily. One of the entrances is only about 3 miles from our house, which is great. I used to spend a lot of hours out there by myself riding, and not doubling up a trail. That was before they improved the trails...I can't wait to ride them now!

We stopped at the closest camping area and unloaded Tripp. Here he hops right out of the trailer and is ready to take a walk.



Hmmmmm, Mystery Manure, and it isn't like any I have sniffed before!



I just walked thru the water puddle - it was soooo scary and I am soooo proud of myself! ;-) It was so much fun I did it several times! See how deep it is??? Yep, I am da dude!




I am still proud of myself....HEE HEE HEE SNORT!



On the way back to the trailer we walked over a very small branch with another smaller branch that had dead leaves on it. His back feet hit the part with the leaves and he skidaddled right over that thing! We went over it back and forth and he scooted pretty quick every time. He finally sniffed at it......then ate it!

WHAT DOES NOT KILL ME FIRST....I WILL EAT!


He loaded back up, no problem.


We came back, I worked on picking up feet which he was not in the mood for, so we did it some more, then we were done.

Like I said, pretty simple evening but different. He did great traveling, unloading somewhere new, and reloading. I am proud of him because he did it alone without any acting up. He was very curious and well behaved. We even did some lunging out at the camping area. Brian mentioned that it drained well out there, so I can take him out there and ride around the parking lot.....great idea!

Until later.....
Karen and Tripp

2 comments:

Anonymous said...

I"m so proud of you guys!I just don't know what else to say other then i'm proud of you two and keep up the hard work!!!

Anonymous said...

Aww, what doesn't kill you must be edible...Just a typical mustang thought process....Can you say food motivated! Great luck this weekend...I'll be checking up on you guys!