Tuesday, March 17, 2009

Back home from Lexington, KY!

Okay, can someone let me know if the pictures I am posting look like they have lost their dimension? As in...they look very flat to me. Now I am wondering if it is my monitor because pictures that Brian took this evening (which will be posted later) look flat to me too. (I think I just fixed it...let me know)

Now, I am back home and am soooo glad! Three weeks is a long time to be away from home, especially when the weather isn't so great plus it is dark when I got off work, so I could not go walking in a park.

This was the view out my window. The hotel was located behind The Red Mile harness racing track. I did not get to see any horse activity, but the view was pretty neat! The first several days I was there, we had snow.



My first Sunday there I got up early that morning and went driving around. This was the neatest road! I sure do like those rock fences.



Keeneland had a big sale that included their gift shop stuff (great prices on shirts!) and other people brought things in. It was fun. The last two Sundays, before and after work, I went letterboxing (letterboxing.org or atlasquest.com) and I found several boxes. One of the places that had a box hidden was out at Keeneland. This bird bath was one of my markers to find a box - this thing was huge!



My last weekend there we had a couple of nice weather days, and Daylight Savings time kicked into gear. Woo hoo! I did not care that I was now two hours off from when I left home....I was just so happy that it would be lighter later.

Lexington is a pretty place and the grass was already starting to green up, and trees were blossoming. It won't be long and things will follow suit here at home.

On my way home I got to meet up with a friend......see next entry for that story.

Until later....Karen and Tripp

No comments: