Friday, July 10, 2009

Beat the rain! Woo hoo!

We had crazy storms this morning, but it was dried out this evening. YES!
Tonite I decided to work with Wyoming. The other night I got so hot lugging that big heavy saddle around, I decided it is going to be a bareback night. I was flying solo, so no pictures of the ride. I tried hanging the camera on the fence and shooting video - don't know if that worked yet.
We worked a lot on flexing. This boy is really stiff! He finally gave me a little bit on the left side, and it was like a light bulb went off. He was flexing and giving very nicely on the left. The right was another story - he just would not give. I stood there braced prepared to take as long as I need, and I noticed the pressure pulling on me harder. I looked at him, and he was falling asleep! Literally! So then I started moving him around a little bit to wake him up. He never got to where I would say he gave to me. I did feel a couple of gives, but I am not convinced that is what they were. We did what we could with that, then I hopped on him bareback and rode him around the pen. We did a lot of direction changes, and even tho he is stiff on the right, he was doing okay, and maybe even better by the time we were done. It will just take some time. Other than his stiffness on the right, he did great. After we were done I massaged his head, and he about fell asleep again. I also used my Nurtural Bitless bridle on him tonite. I did not have it adjusted at the time of this picture - had to go shut the water hose off.

Here is Wy having a chat with Tiger about this newfangled contraption on his head.



Batman is here for moral support..."What are these, and will they help the big guy?"
Notice his beard! :-)



After Wy's massage I let him out. He and Tiger are relaxing. I really love Wy's tri-color. His legs are thick and strong too.



Batman wants to be a mustang when he grows up, and he just knows he will be wearing this soon. :-)



Batman and I had some one on one time tonite. I have been so busy, we have not got to play like we usually do. We played tonite tho, then when it was time for bed I sat in the barn with him and we talked.

A little kissy face time...have to watch those new teeth tho!



Batman was yawning, and I tried so hard to get the picture just right because it showed his front teeth! They are hilarous! This is as close as I could get...I won't give up tho...I will eventually get the mini-yawn.
By the way, Batman is 25 1/2 inches tall now!



Aaaahhhh, the llama. Here is Chase and I doing a self portrait.



Before I left town for work we were sitting outside watching everyone before we headed inside...Chase was by the donkeys and everybody looked like they were getting along just fine. Then all of a sudden we heard a funky sound that we had heard before but did not have a clue what it was - but this time we saw it....Chase spit at the donk! You all know the picture in the encyclopedia of the person sneezing? We all thought it was the grossest picture when we were kids - okay, it is still pretty gross....that is what his spitting action looked like! The scary part is he did not look mad, he looked just fine then Ptooey! Nailed a donk. Brian said he was doing it on a regular basis while I was gone. So now I know if he looks mad at me, no worries. If he looks happy, look out!

Hope everyone has a great weekend!

Until later....Karen and Tripp who loves fly spray!

1 comment:

Jill said...

Your captions are so funny along with Batman's super investigator skills. Really enjoy having you back to blogging!