Sunday, March 28, 2010

Flash goes to a new home...

Flash is the large pony that we acquired, and he needs a job. He had his own little girl last summer and life happened so we got him back. I saw several ads for people wanting a 'kid broke pony' but that can mean anything, and I just didn't feel comfortable contacting anybody, and it isn't like we HAD to get rid of him. A friend of mine contacted me and she knew someone who was looking for a pony for her nieces and nephews. The gal and I corresponded, and come to find out I knew of her because she had adopted a mustang the year before and the friend who contacted first me helped her get a halter on her mustang! It is a small world, and things happen for a reason, even if we don't know the reason at the time.

She has kids ages 3 - 10 who will be giving Flash a job. The 10 yr old is a little horseman already and loves to ride, so he and Flash will be able to make up their own stories about their journeys. Yay!

Flash is not one bit interested in meeting his new pasture friends yet...he is more interested in the green stuff that he has not seen for months! :-)



Brian with one of the new friends of Flash...



One of the gray horses was heading to his home today too. The other gray was raised by the friend who contacted me. The sorrel is the mustang, and she was very camera shy.



They have the cutest baby goat!



The goat is not one bit afraid of the cat...



They are real animal oriented so I know Flash will have a great home! It always hurts to let them go - but he really is happier when he has a job. And we know he will come back if he doesn't work out. I sure do hope he is well behaved! Hee hee!

Until later...Karen and Tripp who says "Flash who?"

2 comments:

Michelle said...

I feel your pain. It is so hard to let them go, but in our hearts we know it's the right thing to do. Some horses just need (and deserve) a job.

Karen C. said...

Isn't it the truth? Like you said on your blog...being mature sucks! :-) I did get a Flash update and his friend is the paint horse! I am so happy because Flash never really had friends...he just had the her. Can't wait for pictures of the kids riding him!