Sunday, November 16, 2008

Our first declawed cat....

The big orange long haired cat is Thomas. Thomas is declawed on the front, and he is our first declawed cat. I know a lot of people do it, and that is fine for them, but it isn't something that I agree with, so I have never done it.

Thomas is very big, and this is as close to having a tiger as a pet that I will probably ever get. The first time he climbed up on me and started making dough, and I did't get poked with claws, I found myself saying "Hmmmm, so that is what this declawed thing is all about!" Ha ha! Watching him go thru the motions of scratching on the couch is amazing too - he enjoys it, but there is no clawing noise and he isn't tearing stuff up. It still isn't something I would do - sofa is just 'stuff', but I will say that I don't mind that he is. :-)



CoCo is much smaller than Thomas, and she is a little bit smaller than my old cat Bob. BUT she has a great big personality and she does have claws, as my arms and hands prove. She is 2 yr old so still has lots of years of 'play' in her. She does scratch on everything, and I need to go find her a log to claw on.

CoCo reminds me of a cat we had when I was a kid. She would be laying on the bed and if she felt our feet move around her, she would attack with no mercy! CoCo does that! I woke up the other night having a weird dream, and it was her attacking my hand! Here she is in her sweet pose...



These two new cats get along great, they love to play, and I am sure they will keep the mice out of the house.

Bob, my old cat, is 18 or 19 yrs old, and he growled Thomas down when Thomas wanted to play. I was glad - I knew I didn't have to worry about them tormenting him while we were at work. Bob has adjusted well, and they can all sniff and eat by eachother without too much drama.

That is the saga about the new cats...

Until later...
Karen and Tripp who doesn't know about the new cats. :-)

No comments: