Tuesday, March 25, 2014

January 22, 2014....stitches come out....

I keep asking myself why I am putting all this on the blog...it is so I don't forget.  I need a reminder as to why I am where I am right now.

The surgeons went into the same incisions to take the metal out.  When they unwrapped everything, the arm was more wrinkled this time, and within a few minutes it was already starting to smooth out.  The body is an amazing thing!

This is where I ALMOST had a mini-melt-down.  Nobody lied to me about what to expect...everyone was very honest and I heard every word of it.  But deep down I didn't believe it.  At this point I really thought I would be able to move around a little bit.  Oh my goodness!  I could hardly move the wrist at all...it just wouldn't GO! My fingers were swollen and I could feel them just fine...but they would not GO!  Nothing was moving!  Oh my...this really is not what I expected.  It was almost a feeling of being claustrophobic.

OH!  Follow my thumb up a bit and you will see a small dark spot.  That is a stitch...it is the 'X' they cut to get the last pin out.  I had wondered how that was going to happen.  Oh how I wish I had it on video!





Here is the deal.  I am VERY VERY blessed in so many ways.  And one of those ways is I have never had anything this bad happen to me, so I really didn't have anything to compare it to.  All I knew was "I am a healthy girl and heal quickly."  And come on, really, it is just the forearm down.  What could happen so bad in there?  Well, I have learned that lots can go wrong, and I would have been much better off with a normal break farther up on the bone.  So I am still healthy except for one small part of me.  :-)




Hemi loves me no matter what...he is just happy to be able to plant himself on the couch with me.  And that makes me happy too.  He is such a nut!  The poor guy didn't know what he did wrong....for almost 3 months he was not allowed on the couch.

January 26th starts p.t.......another thing I have never experienced.  And a new journey begins....

Until later, Karen and Tripp who doesn't like when we talk in code...he thinks p.t. is about him...



No comments: