Thursday, March 20, 2014

Last half of December 2013...and Zephyr gets moved in with the outside group...


Where does the time go?  It is March 20th as I am writing this - still trying to get caught up.  It is hard to believe I took my fall on November 3rd.

Anyways, Coco Kitty got to liking me being home early.




We had an old chair that could not have been any more uncomfortable than it was.  We replaced it with another surplus auction chair (VERY comfortable!) so I put this one outside until I could figure out what to do with it.  I found Laramie on it...and he spends a lot of time up there.  He even remodeled the seat by tearing most of the foam out.  Guess he likes a hard bed.  :-)  When I can't sleep I go outside in the middle of the night and he is curled up on it.  He looks like one of those smooth river rocks that is painted like a sleeping critter.





Hemi...what is there to say about this guy?  He has the high life, that is for sure!





All the dogs got a large rawhide bone.  Hemi was so happy, and that is all I care about.  (Brian got them on a Black Friday sale)





I was home early on one of my half work days, and it was so pretty out.  I decided to sit outside a while before I layed down to ice the wrist.  It felt soooooo good to be outside in the fresh air, taking pictures of the 'kids' who wanted to spend time with me.







Laramie has to be close all the time.  That makes it easy for self portraits.









I had also started this book.  I have not seen the movie but heard great things about it and the book both.  It was a good book, but nothing like what I expected.  It took me a long time to get it read, and it isn't a big book.  After the accident I thought I would get lots of reading done - I could not have been more wrong.  It was hard for me to focus too long and to concentrate on something like little words.  I thought that was odd...after all, only my wrist was messed up - not all of me.







Laramie wanted me to get his good side....here he is focused on something, and looking wise while he does it.  (He told me to say this)







....wait, he thinks this looks more wise....chin down can make all the difference....







....and the "Oh look!  My girl is home from work!" look...







This picture made me laugh...looks like Laramie is licking his chops before he nabs Thomas the cat.
Funny thing is Thomas is not smart enough to be worried about the dogs, so he takes all the fun out of a good chase.  Which keeps him alive and well at Kaboodle Farm!  :-)







Helllllooooooooo........(this is what happens when someone is locked up too long)





December 28th was a big day for Zephyr and myself both!  I got 'cleared' by Brian to go to visit ALL the horses and Zephyr is going to move in with the outside group.  Woo hoo!  Brian would have moved her sooner but I wanted to be there.  When there is a newbie in the group it can either go real good, real bad, or in the middle with lots of pretty running.  :-)


Brian is giving Zeph the talk...."It will be okay.  You will get to live with your brothers and sisters now, and be able to have horsey scratches when you itch."




Zephyr:  "REALLY?  Did he just say that?"





Zephyr:  "Oh okay, let's just get it over with."




But not until we take a couple pictures!










Epona:  "Hey guys, we got a newbie coming.  Oh wait!  It is a GURL!!!!  I am supposed to be the only GURL!!!!"




Rico:  "You will always be my only GURL (as he is peeking to see if the new one is cute!)"





I made it to the outside herd!  Yay me!  With all the excitement I thought Brian would have me wait on the other side of the fence.
In a normal situation there would be no waiting or following instructions.  But this is something different....if something happens and I bump it wrong, I am starting from scratch to get it all fixed again.  Sure don't want to start from the beginning again...





Zephyr is not known for her bedside manner.  She is quite witchy and is making faces at everyone all the time.  We have a friendly bunch and they wanted to say hello...and she didn't want any part of it.  So away she goes.






After a little bit of running around, she stops and looks at her old pen longingly....nobody chased her in there!







After the herd (7 of them) following her around for a while, she finally went straight to Brian.  It made me happy to see this...she really likes him.  :-)








She is asking what the heck is going on, and is he sure this is the best decision?





Zeph doesn't like the answer but she will give it a try.  Hmpf!




Zephyr:  "So there you have it folks.  They chased me, I made faces and let it be known I don't care for nonsense, and we will have to wait and see how it goes.  Now to find my spot at one of the hay bales."



Until later...Karen and Tripp who thinks Zephyr is very cute but difficult to get along with...

No comments: