Tuesday, April 2, 2013

I took a walk...


March 26th...snow is starting to melt...the temperatures are warming up...the sun is shining....after a long day at work it was the perfect time for a walk....


...and the geese thought so too....





The neighbors geese have been hanging out at our place, which is fine with me.  I get to have geese but don't have to feed them.  :-)  They head home at feeding time.





I had no plans for my walk...other than to head a direction and go...and go...and go...

I have decided these are alien tracks in the snow....  :-)





The back field...it is so quiet back there and the shadows were so pretty.




Birds of a feather...




As I was walking up the small pond dam, I could see the reflection....oh my gosh, it is beautiful!







I love this big ol' tree!  It is in the back field and I have spend many a summer day under it snoozing...and yep, I got bug bites too!  Ha ha!




This little cabin is down the hillside from the house.  The people that used to live here had a son;  he and his cousin built the cabin.  The wood is starting to rot away...






There was a lot of snow blown up on the cedar branches.  I bet the little cubby hole under it made a nice hiding place for critters...




One of the small creeks coming down the hillside...




This picture excited me the most!!!!  I had one shot at getting it right....between the trees is a young doe deer.  :-)





Deer hair on the barb...the deer crawled under the bottom strand of wire.




On my way to work one morning this bottom field had a layer of fog.




There were a lot of trees that had fallen...I wonder how long it will be before they fall.




Chunks of snow hanging off a branch...




My backside self portrait.  :-)  It was such a pretty day and I was glad I took the walk.  It was good for my brain.





Gotta love the timer!  Hee hee!




Shelf fungus...it is very pretty and I can't help but wonder if it is edible.




Still loving the timer.  Hee hee!




Shelf fungus with green grass and snow...and they all get along!  :-)




This log had shelf fungus from one end to the other.







Thomas the cat left this print in the front yard.





Turkey tracks....over the creek they go...




We got special turkeys here in Missouri!  Look at how they can walk right through a tree and keep on going!  :-)




I loved how these trees were knotted together...




Nakita wants to come in the barn lot with me....






Chase the llama is king of the hill.  He and his posse are ready for spring too.





Ice on the chicken pen wire...





When I came walking up the hill, Zeph was checking me out.



The guineas were giving the call of the wild.  They let EVERYONE know that an intruder (that be me) was coming their direction.
















I got back as the moon was rising...what a beautiful walk, and a beautiful night.





It has been a while since I took a long walk, and it felt good on the inside and outside both.  We are so blessed!

Until later...Karen and Tripp who says he is happy the Girl took a walk without him.  She needed 'walk therapy' because she is going nuts with all the snow we had...





No comments: