Saturday, April 13, 2013

Wait for it....Wait for it.....

We have several horses that don't have jobs.  Not enough time in the day to mess with everyone, and I have not disciplined myself to make a plan to work with them instead of ride Tripp.  The beauty of it is we love them all and they will live here forever....or unless someone I know and trust falls madly in love with one of them and wants to take them home.  :-)

We went to a sale and Stormy came in the the ring...he was only 4 months old.  He was a little black crop out paint and cute as he could be...and scared.  We were so sad for him.  At that time Tandee was by herself.  Her pasture buddy, Druch, had died.  :-(  So we did one of the stupidest things we have ever done.  We got Tandee, who was already putting on some years, a baby to keep her company.  What were we thinking?????  Tandee was mad at us for a very long time over that one!

Fast forward several years.....Stormy is all grown up now.  We have had him saddled and did a little bit of ground work with him, but we didn't stick with a program.  So this big sweetie still doesn't have a job.  He is one of those horses that loves being around people and he will leave the hay bale to hang out with ya. 

I was sitting up on the panels tormenting them when Stormy came over rump first.....I hopped over. 

Wait for it....wait for it....






....and there he is!  He backed up to the panels and I sat down. 






















Everyone is starting to shed so I scratched his butt to remind him that this new Stupid Human Trick is one of the best things that will happen to him!  Ha ha!















Rico thought he would come over to say hello while I was sitting on my new Butt Sofa.  Rico is Stormy's son.  Was it on purpose?  No!  We thought Stormy was gay because he showed no interest at all.  Then one day we walked out and ACK!  There was interest!!!!! 
Body - not what anybody would breed for. 
Temperament - everything someone would breed for if they wanted something gentle and layed back.





 








I have been laying across Rico for a while but never sat up on him.  The day before this I hopped up on him, sat up, rubbed his neck, then slid off the other side.  He did not seem to mind.  Today this is what I did.  First I held on to the panels in case he decided to have a panic attack, then I just knew he would be okay.  I really need to MAKE time to work with both of these guys.  I think they will make great loyal trail partners.  I know they can run but speed isn't in their vocabulary.  Too much work.  :-)




Whenever I have moments like this, I remember how blessed I am.  It is a life that many would not pick, which is perfect because that makes more room in this life for me!  Ha ha!  I really do love it!

Until later...Karen and Tripp who says he is all the loyal trail partner the Girl needs and she would do good to remember that! 



1 comment:

Unknown said...

Ah I love your couch!
I can relate to not having enough time, but not willing to ship anyone off just because.