Tuesday, April 2, 2013

Random snowy pictures...



Back to March 24th...a beautiful snowy day!  :-)
Brian and I after he spent some time with Zephyr.

 



It seems like we had a back yard that looked like this just a couple weeks ago.  It is hard to believe it did it all over again.  Today is April 2nd...I am not convinced that we won't have another good snow before Spring officially arrives.  I have seen a foot of snow pushing the middle of April....and this has been a weird year.




My view from the front door....oh look!  It is the Abominable Snowman!  EEK!




The poor cedars on the hill wonder what they did to deserve this.  Some of them lost their tops from the last snow...they are ready for Spring.





Jester, Zjax and Ajax sharing a feed pan.  Funny....I found them under the canopy wearing their snow blankets.  :-)




Hemi was pouting to Brian when I left to go riding...he wanted to go.  Let me rephrase that...he just thinks he wanted to go.  If I took him with me he would have been pouting even worse!  Ha ha!




Hemi on point and Misty at the dog house not caring...




Hemi and Nakita running around the house...




Hemi wondering what is taking so long...is it time to go inside yet?





More snow stuck to the chimes and bird feeder...




When I went out that morning to do chores, Misty was wearing a snow blanket of her own.  She is a true blue snow dog!  The next few pictures are what my first view of the morning was.  Isn't it pretty?






This is Nakita.  She was given to me when she was about a year or year and a half old.  Her people bought a new house that did not have a fenced yard and they didn't want a dog in the house.  WHAT?  If you visit my house, prepare to find it very lived in, and be prepared to walk out wearing critter fur!
In their defense, they are a very nice couple...I was just shocked that you could buy a puppy, watch her grow up, then give her away.  I have to remind myself that not everyone is the same...and I am grateful they picked me to be her new Mom.  :-)





Red eating his treats in the snow...




More drifting around the chicken house door...




For some reason I love to see snow on farm stuff...





Snowy horse rumps...





 Stormy coming to say hello...




Wyoming and Batman sharing a feed pan full of treats...




Stormy and his blanket of snow...




A bit later I found Wyoming and Chase hanging out under the canopy.  I guess even they get tired of the wind, snow and sleet.




After the snow melted we have been dealing with mud.  We have had a couple days of sunshine and a breeze, so there are spots where it is starting to firm up.  Yay! 

I will miss winter, but I am glad that green grass and flowers are on the way.  OH!  And a garden!  Yummy veggies!

I hope everyone has fared the winter well and is also ready for spring.

Until later...Karen and Tripp who thinks the snow has made me lose my mind!  :-)

2 comments:

Unknown said...

I loved the comment about having dogs in the house. My sliding glass door always has nose prints on it. There is always dog hair on the floor inspite of the fact that I vacuum regularly. There is also always dust because, well lets face it, I live in the country and the wind blows a lot here.
Personally I prefer "lived in" over sterile any day of the week.

Karen C. said...

Cindy, I am convinced that "lived in" makes more healthy people! :-) We live on a dirt road and have the same dust problem. I joke about not having to put house plants in a pot...just put the plant on a shelf and the roots will dig into the dirt! Ha ha!