Monday, January 8, 2018

Bear Creek Trail...a challenge!

I don't remember how I found out about the Bear Creek trail...but I did.  We left from Cosmo Park and it was gravel - big gravel.  All was well...then there was the HILL!  A big steep HILL!  We were going down down down....and we survived.  But all I could think about was when we came back we were going to have to go up up up!  Ha ha!  I was too busy keeping the rubber side down to take pictures of the hill, and when we made it to the bottom and looked back, it did not look that scary or steep.  :-)  But it was!  It was both scary and steep!  I swear!  Ha!

It was a very pretty, fun, challenging (to us) trail and we can't wait to go back!  Bluffs, creeks, board walk, wild life...it was a great place for some 'mental'...



I love bridges...and I decided I also love boardwalks which are almost like bridges.


Oh look!  A bridge!







We ended up at a parking lot next to a road; next time we will venture out a bit farther to see where the path leads.

And that big HILL????  Yes, we had to go up up up!  We both tried to ride up as far as we could...then we pootered out and walked.  I tried to get started after resting but I kept skidding my tire on the gravel.  I had to walk up to a less steep spot then I got going...holy smokes!  It was tough but awesome!  There are also some Mountain Bike trails through the woods and I would like to give those a try.  I am not good at tight turns and tight spots to squeeze through...the only way to get better is to do it!  Yeah?  ;-)

Until later... 


No comments: