Thursday, January 11, 2018

My first real ride on my NEW BIKE!


I wanted to get out and ride and also practice clipping in and out of my pedals.  I headed to Flat Branch Park in Columbia....there were not many people out....probably because it was cold and cloudy.  PERFECT!  I didn't have to worry about running in to anybody.

I rode down the trail and back, plus rode a few side trails up and down some small hills to get a feel for the gears.  I ended up riding 8 miles.  :-) 


One of the paintings in a tunnel.  There are a lot of tunnels around town to go under the streets.  I love them! 
Have I mentioned I love bridges?  Why yes I have!


Oh my gosh, trying to get my phone camera propped up to take a picture was a challenge!  I don't know how many pictures I took...a lot!  And only a couple I could use.  Ha!


Hellloooooo!!!!!

I had a great ride.  There are a couple small parking lots along the trail so I did circles in them too...just wanted to ride and get used to the feel.  One guy sitting in the park said "You are riding an awful lot of circles" and I I laughed and told him I was practicing.  He said I was doing a good job!  :-) 
I did not get comfortable with the gearing up and down the hills but that might have been because I was also thinking about being clipped in my pedals.  
Well, if I was going up a hill and had to stop to rest, then forgot to unclip my shoes, I would fall over in slow motion....Yep, my glass is half full!  

Until later...

No comments: