Sunday, January 7, 2018

Bike riding...great way to work on your 'mental'...


When I started riding I needed something that would be fun AND help me with my fitness and health...including mental health.  I needed something that would help me with balance...I have been a little 'off' and knew I needed something...just did not know what.  I also needed something for my 'mental'...also did not know what.  Just knew I needed something...

BIKE RIDING HAS BEEN GREAT FOR OUR 'MENTAL'! 

I remember the first couple rides....getting to that 1 mile mark was WORK!  And let's not even mention the sitting on the seat part!  Okay, I just mentioned it....at first it was rough!  Yikes!  But the more we rode the better we got.  They didn't even have to be long rides for the benefits to show.  So just get out and do it...little bits at a time if you have to.

Then Brian and I worked up to 3-4 miles.  When we would get ready to head out from Rocheport other groups would be talking about how they rode from Columbia.  WHAT?  FROM COLUMBIA?  Brian and I looked at each other with wide eyes thinking "Wowwwww, they rode all the way from Columbia!"  They were our new 'movie star' people.  Ha ha!  They were also a lot more fit than Brian and I.  We want to be more fit so we can go far!  What did we have in common with them?  We were out doing something and we were smiling and laughing a lot!  So we had 50% of what they were doing figured out!  Yep, working on our 'mental'. 


Brian and I working on our 'mental'...


We went riding the last day of the Pedaler's Jamboree weekend (May).  https://www.pedalersjamboree.com/
We saw a lot of groups heading back towards Columbia and you want to talk about fun!  Some bikes were pulling trailers with big speakers so you could hear the music coming before you saw the people.  Others were pulling coolers or camping gear.  But it was not annoying....it was a big event and everyone was having fun!  There were all kinds of people and bikes.  You ride to Boonville and camp out...there is a lot of music and fun events along the way in the small towns you ride through.  This event is on our to-do list... 


We had a lot of rain and this 'No Trespassing' sign in the water tickled my funny bone.  And the mosquitoes....OMG, they were horrible!  Just keep moving quickly!




Here we are, sporting our horse riding helmets while working on our 'mental'....life is good!

Until later....

No comments: