Thursday, January 11, 2018

New Bike Nights!!!! Woo Hoo!



Yay!  Finally here!  She was due in November but something happened...don't know what...but she did not make the November shipment.  I looked at other bikes that could be here quicker (I already waited 1 1/2 months for her) but after all the mental "should I or shouldn't I?" back and forth I knew this is the ONE I wanted.  So I would wait one more month...

AND IT WAS WORTH IT!  AAAAHHHHHH!!!!!

Angela called me that morning to let me know the bike was here and would be put together the next day.  I was on my way to the airport to pick up my Mom so we stopped by on our way back.  We opened the box to look....I was more curious about the color and IT WAS AMAZING!  It is called Satin Cast Berry and it looks like a dark purple plum with a shimmer of satin over it..with accents of mint.


Angela and I checking her out!

Now to wait until the next day after work....it is going to be along night and day!  :-)


The next night was officially NEW BIKE NIGHT!  AAAHHHH!!!!!  SOOOO EXCITED!!!!
I was also taking the plunge and switching over to clipless pedals.  There are little clips on the bottom of the shoe that clip in to the pedal.  You have to turn your foot sideways to unclip and move your foot to the ground.  If you forget to unclip or you pull straight up or back or sideways, your foot won't come off the pedal.  Yep, you will fall over.  Ha ha!
In the first picture I am concentrating so hard because I was afraid I was going to crash into the row of new bikes.  I really had to think about this...my feet were stuck to the pedals and I was a little freaked out.  At first I felt claustrophobic...
On the way back I was feeling it!
(I am leaving out the part where I didn't get unclipped and I sort of leaned sideways into one of the shelves....it did not fall but someone got a flat protein bar...oh, I guess I just told about it...ha ha!) 

Here she is, leaning against the counter all clean and pretty. 




NEW BIKE NIGHT IS AWESOME!  When I saw her the first time I was so happy I waited instead of getting something else. 

I laugh at my bike journey...first I was saying "I am not paying $200.00 for a freaking bike!"
Then I find a used one that fit me perfect (did not hurt my wrist) for a little over that.  Okay, fine.
I loved it and was so happy I didn't let my cheapo ways get in the way of this much fun!

Then after a while I thought I wanted a new bike.  I was keeping the Mountain Bike but I wanted something that would travel better on the roads.  So I gave myself an invisible budget....and found something I THOUGHT I would like.  I was excited because it was $300.00 under my invisible budget.  I talked to Angela about it, asking her all kinds of questions that she happily answered.  Then she started asking me questions...starting with why I picked the one I did.  Then she asked if I had ever thought about a drop bar bike.  Nope, had not thought of it.  I am old(er) so figured straight bars would be better for me.  She let me ride one of their drop bar bikes on the Wednesday Women's Ride.  At first I hated it but after almost 11 miles on it I felt comfortable and was rethinking this...I needed to ride it again...and again....and again!  I rode it a few times because I found new things I liked about it and I also had more questions about how things worked. 
After a lot of thought and reading about bikes, components, etc., I finally picked my bike.  Let's just say "What budget?"  HA HA!  I will say I have no regrets!  I only have three rides on her as of this write up but I still have no regrets! 

So, it is safe to say I have JUMPED out of my comfort zone!  Ha ha!  And I am so happy I did!

Until later...Karen and Tripp who still wishes he had his own wheels for his hooves but is happy he gets a break...
Who is Tripp?  He is my mustang horse...yes, a real mustang from out West.  He was wild when I got him at age 4  in 2008 and now he is the sweetest love bug you have ever seen!  Yes, I ride him.  :-) 
Here is a picture of cute little Tripp.  This is from a couple years ago...yep, I rode him in a rope halter and bareback pad a lot. 




No comments: