Monday, January 8, 2018

Our first town to town ride....


Wow, these pictures are from October 2016...I will write as if it was today.

We have been riding but  not as much as we would like.  Even though our rides have not been that long or as often as we would like we both noticed that we were getting more comfortable and going a bit farther.  Brian said "I want to do a town to town ride!"  So we rode from Rocheport to Huntsdale!  This is not very far for some but for us it was a big deal!  Woo hoo!



The thing is, if we go the direction of Huntsdale we have to go to the tunnel first.  There is something about the tunnel that is magical, mysterious...I don't know.  It is a feeling we get going through....

 
We have had so much fun riding together!  And look!  Brian has a bike helmet!  I was still riding in my horse helmet at that time.  Hmmm, I just noticed how loose my strap is on my helmet.  I can't stand anything feeling snug around my head and neck...but I will check to make sure my bike helmet isn't this loose....safety you know! 


I wonder how many pictures we have of us at the Historical Marker...ha ha!

When we got to Huntsdale I was pleasantly surprised to see that The Station House at Katfish Katy's was reopen!  The last time I was there it was empty and all that was there for refreshments was a soda machine that actually worked!  A band was playing so we grabbed something cold to drink and hung out a while.  The band was great and it was a lot of fun!  Nice bonus to our ride! They are always having entertainment out there so I recommend checking it out!  http://www.katfishkatys.com/


The leaves were falling and the colors were pretty along the trail...nothing like riding through the tree tunnel...


This is the Lewis and Clark Cave and it is on private property - NOT part of the Katy Trail even though it is right by it.  They ask that nobody go in the cave (but people do), especially during a certain time of year because of the bats.   Gray bats are endangered and use this cave in the Summer.  The sign says not to enter the cave between April 1st and October 30th.

Well, we did it!  Our first town to town ride!  We made it through the tunnel then to Huntsdale and back.  Yay us!!!!  It was fun but oh my, our 'seat parts' were complaining! 

Until later....

No comments: