Tuesday, June 22, 2010

Good-Bye Snoop....we will miss you....


I adopted Snoop several years ago from a lady at work. She was looking for a good home for a Husky/Chow cross so I asked about him hoping he had a purple tongue or blue eyes. He did not have either one so I told her that really was not what I was looking for. Okay, I was not looking for anything in particular...I just had an idea in my head what a Husky/Chow cross should look like and a reddish dog with brown eyes was not it. She calls me about a week later asking me if I had changed my mind. I told her I had not and she says "Oh okay, I guess he will have to stay at the vet...." and I said "WHAT???? WHY IS HE AT THE VET????" He was being boarded there because her son, who got the dog as a pup the year before was going to college and he could not take him, and she could not keep him in her trailer. I asked for directions! :-)
I ended up meeting the golden eyed Snoop who was shedding!  He shed all over the car on the way home...hair flying everywhere while the windows were down!  It was hilarious!

Snoop was one of the sweetest dogs I ever met...very loving.  He was always ready to give doggy kisses if asked.  :-)  He would also just hang out with you when you were out in the yard.  I loved sitting on the steps because he would sit by us and lean over against us.  He was a luv-bug.

It was a pretty day and we were hanging out on the round hay bales.



Snoop met Batman...wow, Batman has grown a lot too!  Time goes by so quickly...maybe this is why I don't notice anybody aging...



Our shadows on the round bales...



Snoop was built more like a Dingo than a Husky/Chow cross.  He had thin hair and was lean and wirey with big splayed out toes.  Yep, back up on the round bales!  :-)



Snoop and Tripp meet.  The dogs are used to the horses but Snoop is still cautious.  That might be from being chased by the donkeys.  Hee hee!



All relaxed now...they are friends.



Misty was another rescue, and they became best friends.  Snoop taught Misty how to be a real dog.  Misty was afraid of people, she did not wag her tail, she always looked on alert and she looked lost.....after hanging out with Snoop she started watching everything that was going on, and the first time we saw her wag her tail we were soooooo happy!   
This picture of them was taken a couple weeks ago.  Snoop was already running out of energy...his body was feeling old and he needed lots of naps.  I am worried about Misty...her and Snoop used to play a lot.  Now it is her and Nakita, our other Husky.  Nakita is too dumb to know that Misty doesn't like her.  Misty just tolerates Nakita.  Ha ha!  We will just have to wait and see how it goes...



Good-bye Snoop....you are already missed.



I will be forever grateful that he was able to grow old here at home, without any pain, and he got to pass over the Rainbow Bridge here at home where he belongs. 

The hardest part of pet partnerships is the good-bye....it sure does hurt. 

Thanks for reading about Snoop the Dog.  :-)

Until later...Karen and Tripp

2 comments:

nikki said...

Sorry about Snoop. That's a great story of how he came to be with your family. It's funny how things work themselves out sometimes.

Angela said...

Karen:

Even when Snoop was running out of energy he came out to lay by "his humans"...That long walk from the back of the house to the outside of the horse pen required alot from him...but that just showed how much he loved you. When I was there a couple weeks ago, he never moved when I came up to him to pet him, but he didn't have to cause his tail conveyed how much he loved to be petted and caressed....His tail was still furiously wagging when I petted him; it was so sweet. I am happy Snoop is revitalized now in Heaven but have a heavy heart for you....

Lots of love from the Hustons....