Sunday, October 6, 2013

September 25, 2013....another day off work to ride....



I have vacation I need to burn or I will lose it.  So I am taking a day off every couple of weeks for a while.  I know, I know....it really sucks, but hey, someone has to do it.  :-)

First of all I want to share my picture of virgin salsa.  Tomatoes in the background and peppers in the front.  Those yellow ones are HOT HOT HOT!!!!  Brian made some fresh salsa and also canned some.  Good stuff!





This cute little mushroom was in the garden...





I took Wyoming out again.  Tripp's hock is looking a lot better, but I decided to give him a couple extra days.  Okay, I am enjoying taking Wyoming out, so it was not a hard decision.  :-)


Mushrooms are popping up like crazy!  I love mushrooms.  Not only for eating, but they are fun to look at, then imagine a bunch of faeries hanging out around them at night.  






This almost looks like a piece of art...oh wait, it is!  It is a one of a kind from God!





April, one of my mustang friends, has been posting pictures of her mustang Nevada wearing feathers they find on the trail.  I always find feathers and have quite the collection at home.  I decided that this time I would tie it into the rope halter and get pictures!  The end was poked into the knot and it stayed there quite a while before I removed it.  The end kept scooting out during our trotting and poking the side of his face.
 




Sometimes I walk him down the steep hill and this time I took a few self portraits....some look more like photo bombing than self portraits.  :-)















The end of September...so many leaves falling....
The sun was coming thru the trees and almost glowing...it was so pretty and I wish I could get it copied in a photo for those of you who are looking.  There was a feeling of peace...it was beautiful!





After the ride I was getting his feed for him, and he thought he would join me in the tack/feed room.  He stepped right up there and thought he would join me.  I backed him off the step and scooted him back out into the barn.  There isn't much room to turn around in there.




I have decided that I like taking a day off in the middle of the week to go ride.  I wish I could work 4 day work weeks.  :-)  I also like going for a ride and not being on a time schedule....we just go and go...

Until later...Karen and Tripp who heard thru the grapevine that he will be up next...  ;-)

No comments: