Sunday, October 6, 2013

The last tidbit of August...



Yesterday I was thinking it had been a long time since I blogged, and I really should wrap up August.  Oh wait!  I am in October!  So I need to wrap up September too!  Wow...the time sure does fly.

I mentioned before that Laramie joined our family.  He found me and Wyoming at the conservation area.  He got his name before we ever finished our ride.....it had to relate to Wyoming.....Laramie.  :-)

Laramie was a young 'man' dog, so we made a trip to the vet to get him neutered and get his shots up to date.  He was not too keen on riding in the truck.  He puked all over everything....poor guy!
 





"Ooooooohhhhh, I feel woozy....and I am scared.  Wyoming told me if I make it in the gate GAME ON!  Whatever that means..."   (Update from Laramie:  The girl brought be back home!  Whew!"





The cherry tomatoes were ripening like crazy!!!





We had a bullfrog take residence in one of the water tanks, so I quit taking moss out of it.  Green - good.  Black - bad.  The moss is green so I was not worried....and the horses drink out of that one more than the other.





Ah yes, my glasses.  I am at that time in my life where I need glasses to see far away and I have to take them off to do up close stuff.  I had them hanging on my shirt and lost them in the barn lot.  A week later I found them!  Woo hoo!






I can still read the serial# so I can check with Eye Mart to see if they can still get them.






SUNFLOWERS!!!!!  I LOVE THEM!!!!!








One dewey morning I got the water droplettes coming off the cherry tomatoes.  It was a very pretty morning!



The time sure has gone by quickly.  When I say "Dang, I know I was busy and got a lot done, but I can't tell you what it was" I have no doubt most of you know what that means.  Ha ha!

It has been a good summer so far.  The garden was good in spite of my gourds not coming up.  What the heck?  We even got new seed!  We never did get green beans put in....don't know why.  But we had lots of tomatoes!

Until later....Karen and Tripp who says he gets enough lycopene in his diet so doesn't need to eat tomatoes.  (He wants to know if you are impressed he used the word 'lycopene') 

No comments: