Friday, April 3, 2009

Another nice day to play with horses...

Sun was out, low 50's, and NO RAIN! Woo hoo!!!

WYOMING SAYS: HELLOOOOOOOO MOM CAROL! I KNOW YOU ARE OUT THERE WAITING FOR MEEEEE! I AM BEING A GOOD BOY! :-)



Oh oh, what is this thing? It can't be good....



WYOMING SAYS: TIGER, WATCH THIS! HEE HEE HEE!



UP IT GOES.....



AND OVER! YES YES YES!!!



Okay, so maybe I should not have knocked the wheel barrow over. This will teach us! Now we have to work a little bit.

I have another bag on a longer whip, so I was rubbing Wy with that, and Tiger thought he was interested...



No huge reactions or blow ups out of Tiger...just cautious. I rubbed his front legs and back to the withers. I did get behind the withers a couple of times but he tensed up and was ready to walk so I backed off and went back to his front. Good move because he stayed still.



I got to thinking tonite was as good as any to try and get the rope halter on Wy. He tossed that head a couple of times but not with conviction. He started tossing his head with the nylon halter on, and I think that the ring under his chin was pinching his chin and jaw hair. Don't know for sure, but that was all I could figure out when I would watch him. Either that or he just doesn't like the pressure.
We will see if that head toss thing mellows out. It did seem better, but I will watch him closely just in case.



I swung the lead rope over his back and rump, around all 4 legs, his neck and head, and he was just fine with it. Funny how stuff like that really bothers some horses and not others. They are just like people...variety of personalities, likes and dislikes.



It was a fun night!
Hope everyone has a great weekend!

Until later...Karen and Tripp

No comments: