Thursday, April 2, 2009

Famous Last Words.....Watch This!

First of all, I should know better. Don't show off no matter what, because something will make you look silly - like getting stuck, and your husband (or whoever is there laughing at you) will have to help you get un-stuck!

We had 1 1/2 days of dry weather and high winds, so things started drying out. Thought I would start scooping mud out of the main pen that the boys were in. I figured I would only get to do the outer perimeter then have to go back in a couple of days after the slick layer dried, then scoop further in. I was making great progress and I wanted to have most of it done before Brian got home.

I have never worked a tractor bucket before, so I was pretty proud of myself for getting so much of it done before Brian got home. When he gets home I just HAVE to show him how I go flying into the mud, scoop up a bunch, then back out and put it in the pile (that the neighbor is going to complain about - he will say we are killing his fish in his pond....another story!)

Brian thinks I look hot when I drive the tractor. :-) Here is me being very intent on where my bucket is going to be before I go zooming into the mud.....



And here is me after I got my big 'ol scoop - AND GOT STUCK! Check out that front tire. The water comes off the chicken house and there is a trench there - that I could not see because of the mud. The more I tried to get out, the bigger the trench. :-) He got me pulled out...



While I was driving around, the boys did not seem one bit worried about it. Wyoming is curious and he came right up to the fence to check us out.



The llama wanted a front shot...and he got it. Notice how the horses still don't care. I even drove around the pen and back and forth and they just watched me.



I have found some itchy spots on Wy, and he loves getting scratched!



Vegas has been named Tiger by his future adopter (got the paperwork today and will send it in with the diagram of the pens) Okay, I will tell, he is being adopted by Brian's brother Justin. I had no idea that Justin was interested in horses, then I found out he has been wanting one of his own for a long time. He is a HUGE Mizzou Tigers fan, so he has renamed Vegas - Tiger! So now I am trying to get in the habit of calling him Tiger. :-) Tiger is sometimes shy, but he gave me a sassy little side view that he knew looked good. I will be keeping Tiger here a while and put some saddle time on him.



I am so excited to be working with Tiger and Wyoming both because their personalities are so different. I am a newbie trainer so every little bit they show me is a big plus, and it will help the next mustangs that come along.

Hope everyone is doing well!

Oh yeah, I called to get an appointment for the boys to be gelded. This is a busy time of year! April 17th was the soonest they could come out, and that is my first day of my hoof care class, so it will be the next Friday, April 24th! Yeah...they will really love me then!

When we got the burros gelded, I had Brian here with them because I did not want them associating what they were going thru with me. Hee hee!!! I won't be so lucky this time.

Until later....Karen and Tripp

No comments: