Sunday, April 12, 2009

A little bit of leaning going on....

Such as, me leaning over Wy...



LOOK MOM! NO FEET! (He just stood there while I hung off him a few times)



Leaning over Tiger...



And more leaning over Tiger...



Saturday the mud was horrible, so I just did some brushing and we practiced leading. I took Tiger out of the pen and I threw pads and my quilted shirt at him. :-) He has this thing about things falling off of him, so I also put the pad on him, then pushed it off. We spent a lot of time with this, and he did good!

Today was a little more dry, but not as dry as I would like it. So I got the bucket out and stood on top of it to brush them. Did that on both sides of each guy, and then did some leaning over. Both of them were not too sure about it at first, but then relaxed. I was not ready to put my full weight on Tiger, but I did hop up on Wy. He just stood there - he was on alert, but still chose to stay. Both boys did great, and I had fun.

I asked Tiger if he was having fun, and he dropped his head and looked pitiful. The things I ask of them...and this is only the beginning! Hee hee!!!

More rain in the forecast tomorrow to soup it up again. Ho hum! We have not even been able to till the garden area yet. I have to be patient, right?

Hope everyone had a great weekend!

Until later, Karen and Tripp

2 comments:

jill said...

To drag Parelli into this, do you think you have a Right brain in Tiger, and a Left brain in Wy? Do you hate to have to work in mud boots and coats? Do they do ok separating when you take one out of the pen? They look like they have their hormones well under control, they looked as relaxed as a couple gentle geldings!

Karen C. said...

Hi Jill! You know what? I have watched Parelli on RFD, but other than that have not made time to watch his DVD's. I really need to make time to do that. I want to learn how to do his games. I never did understand the horseinality thing - but then again 1/2 hr show is just enough to make me want more.

Mud boots and coats - YUK! I always try to find the UP side of things, but I am being challenged!

They were separated this weekend for a while - I plan on updating the blog tonite...stay posted for the story! :-)

For the most part, their hormones are pretty darn good! I am so grateful they are so good because if they wanted, they could knock those panels right over.